Rack of Lamb with Pinot Noir Infused Honey Rosemary Sauce
This delectable recipe is the perfect way to serve our grass-fed lamb for the holidays, and comes together in less than an hour!
Buy our grass fed and finished Rack of Lamb delivered to your door.
- 2 Rack of Lamb
- Vegetable oil for sauteing
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1-2 Teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup good Pinot Noir
- 1 Teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Smother the lamb with mustard marinade and let sit for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove lamb from marinade, and brush off excess into a bowl. Hold for later.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat.
- Using tongs, place rack of lamb on its meaty side in pan and saute until golden brown. Turn and saute other side.
- Remove browned lamb and place in oven pan. Bake at 375 for 8 (rare) to 15 (medium-well) minutes.
- Check temperature with a meat thermometer. Set aside.
- Saute onion over medium heat (*use the same pan you just seared the lamb in) until slightly carmelized.
- Add rosemary springs and stir in honey.
- Add red wine to deglace.
- Add tomato paste and let it brown evenly.
- Add a tablespoon of reserved marinade.
- Add vegetable broth and simmer to reduce by half.
- Strain sauce with a fine mesh sieve and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plates. Slice lamb and arrange over sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy every heavenly bite.
COOKING NOTES: Serves 2