Dry Rub Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
Tender and succulent, these perfectly seasoned pork ribs are a finger-licking dinner entree the whole family is sure to enjoy! Serve with mashed or roasted potatoes and a simple green salad for a complete meal. Purchase our pastured pork ribs here.
- 3 pounds Stemple Creek free range pork spare ribs
- For the dry rub:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbl. sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Pat ribs dry with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife to cut off the thin layer of connective tissue on the back of the ribs.
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well. Coat the ribs on both sides with the dry rub.
- Place ribs meat-side-down in the center of a large piece of heavy foil. Seal the top & side edges of the foil together to create a pouch around the ribs. Place on a large baking pan on center oven rack.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and open the pouch to expose the ribs.
- Put oven on broil setting. Return the ribs to the center oven rack and broil uncovered for 3-5 minutes to brown the top and caramalize the rub. *Watch closely so they don't burn.
- Cut finished ribs into servings and plate with veggies of your choice.