30-Minute Meals: Corned Beef & Sauerkraut Panini
Tired of traditional corned beef and cabbage? We LOVE this updated twist for Corned Beef & Sauerkraut Panini from blogger and friend Karen Pavone at Farminista's Feast using our grass fed corned beef!
Get our grass fed and finished artisan Corned Beef shipped to your door!
- 1 lb. chilled pre-cooked Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed corned beef
- 1 medium-large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dill sauerkraut (we love Farmhouse Culture's Garlic Dill Kraut)
- 4 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise
- 8 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 "torta-style" artisan sandwich rolls
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Panini maker
To assemble each sandwich:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté onions, stirring infrequently, until golden brown and caramelized (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chilled corned beef on a cutting board and slice thinly on the grain. Remove excess fat. Set aside.
- Cut artisan rolls in half. Spread one half of the roll with 1 tablespoon garlic mayonnaise, and the other half with 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
- Layer one half of the roll as follows: a slice of Swiss cheese, 3 tablespoons sauerkraut, sliced corned beef, and some caramelized onion. Finish with another slice of Swiss cheese. Place remaining half of the roll on top.
- Preheat a panini maker to high heat. Brush the top of the sandwich bun lightly with olive oil and place oil side down on the panini grill. Brush the remaining top of the bun with olive oil and close the panini grill, pressing the sandwich between the hot surfaces. Grill for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sandwich is golden brown.
- Enjoy with a small side salad or chips and a glass of your favorite Irish beer!