Chunky Beef, Cabbage & Tomato Soup
Our grass fed ground beef mixes with cabbage, vegetables and tomatoes in this hearty and easy-to-make soup that's low on calories, but high on flavor and quality protein.
Get our grass fed and finished Ground Beef by the pound or in Bulk Saver Pack delivered to your door!
- 1 tbl. olive oil
- 1 lb. Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups beef stock (canned or homemade)
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add the ground beef and salt and sauté until browned, 3 to 4 minutes (break up the meat into small pieces while cooking).
- When browned, add the onion, celery and carrots and sauté 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock and bay leaves. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 40 minutes.