30 Minute Fast & Easy Meal Planner: Ground Beef Quesadilla
We're making family meal planning a snap with this series of recipes that calls for simple batch cooking at the top of each week! Start with our Grass Fed Ground Beef plus onions and bell peppers. Then simply repurpose these basic ingredients in meals that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. Before you know it you've got three simple, tasty dinners both adults & kids will love!
Purchase our Grass Fed Ground Beef in bulk here.
- Prepare these basic recipe ingredients on Sunday by batch cooking as instructed below. Store components separately in the refrigerator, then season and reheat for easy meals throughout the week! Meal inspiration follows:
- BASIC BATCH INGREDIENTS:
- 5 pounds Stemple Creek Ranch Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- 3 large bell peppers, sliced
- GROUND BEEF QUESADILLA
- 2 cups pre-cooked ground beef
- 1 Tbl. taco seasoning (or to taste)
- pre-cooked onions
- pre-cooked bell peppers
- packaged shredded Mexican cheese blend
- soft four 12" tortillas
- olive oil
- Add-ons you might like: salsa, guacamole.
TO COOK BATCH INGREDIENTS:
- Heat (3) large skillets to medium on the stovetop. Add 3 Tbl. olive oil to (2) skillets.
- Add the raw ground beef to the dry skillet and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with the edge of a spatula, until meat is crumbled and browned. Remove from heat. Drain any excess fat and let cool.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to one of the skillets with olive oil, and sliced onions to the other. Cook and allow to caramelize for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, turn heat to medium-low so onions & peppers don't burn. Remove skillets from heat and let cool.
- Place cooked ground beef, caramelized onions, and caramelized bell peppers in separate storage containers. Refrigerate until ready to use.
TO MAKE GROUND BEEF QUESADILLA:
- Reheat 2 cups precooked ground beef in a skillet on medium low heat. Add taco seasoning to taste, and pre-sauteed onions. Blend into beef. Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet (medium heat) and spread oil evenly over the bottom. When hot, place one tortilla in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle tortilla with shredded cheese. Spoon seasoned ground beef mixture over the cheese. Add a few slices of pre-cooked bell peppers. Sprinkle with more shredded cheese and top with another tortilla.
- When the bottom of the tortilla starts to brown (lift edge gently with a spatula to check), insert spatula underneath tortilla and gently flip to the other side. Let that side brown as cheese inside melts.
- Transfer to a plate. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 4 wedges. Serve. Add salsa & guacamole if you like.