Deeply soul satisfying and nourishing, this classic one-pot meal is a pleaser the whole family will love!
Get our grass fed and finished cubed Beef Stew meat delivered to your door.
- Stemple Creek Ranch Beef stew meat (or chuck roast, cut into 2” pieces)
- 1 3/4 – 2 salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 14-ounce bag (2 cups) frozen pearl onions
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons arrowroot (natural thickener)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup good red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. When hot, sear the beef in batches until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Mix the beef broth with 2 tablespoons of arrowroot until dissolved. Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and select the meat/stew setting. Time the recipe for 35 minutes. Once the stew is cooked allow it to rest in the pot for 10-15 minutes before releasing the steam. This helps the meat soak up all the flavors. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
For oven version: Heat oven to 325F. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. When hot, sear the beef in batches until browned. Remove to a plate. Mix the beef broth with 2 tablespoons of arrowroot until dissolved. Place all the ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Cover and cook low and slow on the center oven rack for 3 1/2 - 4/1/2 hours. *Uncover the last 20 minutes to give the stew more color. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.