Our grass fed ground beef mixes with cabbage, vegetables and tomatoes in this hearty and easy-to-make soup that's low on calories, but high on flavor and quality protein. This recipe is Keto/Paleo/Whole30 compliant.
Get our grass fed and finished Ground Beef by the pound or in Bulk Saver Pack delivered to your door!
- 1 tbl. olive oil
- 1 lb. Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups beef stock (canned or homemade)
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add the ground beef and salt and sauté until browned, 3 to 4 minutes (break up the meat into small pieces while cooking).
- When browned, add the onion, celery and carrots and sauté 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock and bay leaves. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 40 minutes.