Rainy weather giving you the grill blues? No worries! This skillet seared method is a fun way to cook a steak when you can't BBQ outdoors. Plus it's ready in under 30 minutes and Keto/Paleo/Whole30 friendly too!
Buy our grass fed and finished Beef Rib Eye Steak delivered to your door!
- 1 1/2 inch thick bone-in ribeye steak (should be about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. kosher salt
- 1 tbs. black pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the steak.
- In a bowl combine the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Liberally apply the splice mix to both sides of the steak.
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Heat the skillet over high heat on the stove. The olive oil should sizzle and almost burn.
- Make sure your fan is on and carefully place the steak in the skillet. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Put the whole skillet into the hot oven. Cook for about 10 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the steak, it should be about 110 degrees.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and cover the skillet with aluminum foil and let the steak rest for 10 minutes. It should be medium rare, just the way we like it.
- Cut the steak against the grain. The meat closest to the bone will be the most flavorful.
- If you like your steak more cooked let the internal temperature rise to 120-130 degrees. We always error on the side of undercooking because you can always cook it a bit more.