When you gather at the table with your friends and family this holiday season, our gorgeous Stemple Creek Ranch Beef Prime Rib is sure to draw oooos and ahhhhhs. Roasted low and slow to perfect medium-rare doneness, then finished with a brief, high heat sear for a crisp outer crust this tender, flavorful and perfectly seasoned roast will be a stand-out centerpiece at your feast. The holidays never tasted so good!
- (1) 10 pound bone-in Stemple Creek Ranch beef standing rib roast
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- Season roast generously all over with sea salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (about 2 hours.)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Mix butter, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper together in a small bowl; spread butter mixture over roast. Place roast in a large roasting pan.
- Bake roast in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 115 degrees F (46 degrees C) for medium-rare, about 3 1/2 hours. *Use an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast to gauge doneness. Remove from oven and tent with aluminum foil; allow to rest, about 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Uncover roast.
- Return roast to the oven and bake until well-browned, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove and let sit for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
* Note: total cooking time varies depending on the weight of the roast. Adjust accordingly. Plan on 1/2 to 3/4 pounds of meat per person when considering size of roast to order.