This irresistible, easy-to-make appetizer is always a hit. We've stuffed large Medjool dates with buttery Marcona almonds and tangy Point Reyes Farmstead Original Blue Cheese, then wrapped them with Stemple Creek Bacon and baked them until the bacon crisps. It's an explosion of sweet, smoky, salty, tangy, crunchy goodness that's the perfect finger food!
- 16 Medjool dates, pitted
- 16 whole Marcona almonds
- 1 wedge Point Reyes Farmstead Original Blue Cheese
- 5-8 slices Stemple Creek Bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Insert (1) almond, and a little piece of blue cheese into each date. Wrap with 1/2 bacon strip and secure with a toothpick.
- Place stuffed dates on the baking sheet, seam side down, and roast until the bacon is crisp and slightly brown (about 12 minutes)
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy warm from the oven!
*If your dates are too dry, place them in a bowl and pour boiling water to cover. Let soak for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and pat dry.