Got leftover steak? Try this quick and delicious cold salad with thin sliced steak, fresh cucumber, sautéed spring onion, and an Asian inspired ponzu-mustard dressing that really enhances the flavors of this summer fusion main dish!
For the Dressing:
- Leftover, chilled Stemple Creek Ranch beef steak of choice (cooked medium rare)
- thinly sliced spring onion (white and green part)
- (1) large English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup store-bought Ponzu sauce
- 1 Tablespoon shallot; minced fine
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup best quality olive oil
optional: 1/8 teaspoon prepared wasabi
To Assemble the Salad:
- Prepare dressing. In a small bowl, combine ponzu sauce, minced shallot, mustard, olive oil, and wasabi (if you like a little spicy heat) and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat (1) tablespoon olive oil and sauce sliced spring onion until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place leftover steak on a cutting board and slice into even strips about 1/4" thick. Set aside.
- On a large platter, arrange sliced cucumber in overlapping circles to fill the space
- Artfully arrange sliced steak on top of the cucumber slices. Sprinkle with sautéed onion.
- Drizzle Ponzu-Mustard dressing on top of the salad and serve.