This people pleasin' low carb beef chili is packed with flavor, and delivers just the right comfort food kick. Serve steaming hot in bowls with a variety of your favorite fixings--shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, sliced green onion--whatever you like--and watch it disappear! It's Paleo, Keto, Whole30 and family friendly too.
- (3) lbs. Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-2 canned Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus (2) Tbl. adobo sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- (1) 28 oz. can crushed organic fire roasted tomatoes
- (1) 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs + juice
- (1) growler-size bottle dark beer of your choice (we like Lagunitas)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 Tbl. cumin
- 2 tsp. sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- optional (depending on how much spice you like): crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper.
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Remove heat and strain cooked beef over a bowl. Discard extra fat.
- Return pot to stove and add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped onion, peppers and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until veggies soften and are just starting to brown. Return cooked beef to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, beer, water and seasonings (*adjust and/or add more seasoning for spicier chili.)
- Bring chili to a low simmer. Cover and cook two hours, stirring occasionally. *Taste after one hour and adjust seasonings.