Lightly seasoned, baked to perfection, and served with a delicious mint and herb chimichurri this rack of lamb is extra special! This recipe is Keto/Paleo/Whole30 friendly.
Get our grass fed and finished Rack of Lamb delivered to your door.
- 1-2 rack of Stemple Creek Lamb Rib Chops (12-16 ribs total, trimmed and frenched)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or sub fresh garlic paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- For the Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- dash of red pepper flakes (adjust according to heat preference)
- 1/3-1/2 cup best quality olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pat the lamb rack(s) dry with a paper towel. Trim of excess fat and french.
- Mix the minced garlic and olive oil to create a paste. Smear generously on the meaty ends of the rack. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat the bottom of a large cast iron skillet with a little olive oil and heat to medium-high. Place the seasoned racks, one at a time, into the skillet and sear until lightly browned (approx. 2-3 minutes per side).
- Line a baking pan with foil. Arrange the browned racks in the pan and bake on the center oven rack for 14 (medium rare) to 18 (medium) minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat and desired doneness. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Use a carving knife to slice between each rib. Arrange ribs on individual plates and serve with Mint Chimichurri.
- To make chimichurri:
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine while drizzling in olive oil. The chimichurri should be a little chunky, not pureed. Add additional olive oil for a thinner consistency. *Best if made at least 3 hours in advance which allows the flavors to develop.