These super tasty lamb sliders are summer grilling at its best! Bite sized and juicy, we've crowned them with caramelized onions and a flavorful blue cheese-basil mayonnaise that elevates these burgers to a whole new level. Great for appetizers or as a main course, they are sure to be an instant hit. If you're watching carbs, these sliders are yummy sans bun too!
- (2) ounces best quality blue cheese (we recommend Point Reyes Blue)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound ground Stemple Creek lamb
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- (1) large red onion, peeled and cut into (4) thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- slider buns
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to 400F.
- Combine the blue cheese, basil, mayo, and mustard in a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper. Form into (4) patties sized for slider buns.
- Brush the onion slices on both sides with olive oil. Grill the onions turning to caramelize (about 8-9 minutes). Add the burgers to the grill and cook approximately 4-5 minutes (2 minutes per side) for medium rare to medium.
- Lightly toast the slider buns if desired. To assemble, place lamb burger on the bottom, topped with a generous spoonful of blue cheese-basil mayo and grilled onion. Enjoy!