Need to get dinner on the table fast? This yummy deconstructed "egg roll in a bowl" is made with our pastured ground pork and a few flavorful Asian ingredients you can prep in no time! Serve it over traditional rice, or keep it Keto-friendly with a base of sautéed riced cauliflower. It's sure to be a family-favorite you'll make again and again!
- 1 pound Ground Stemple Creek Pork
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon "squeeze of ginger" paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper paste (or more if you prefer hotter)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar or granulated monkfruit
- zest of one lime + juice from 1/4 of a fresh squeezed lime
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup slice green onion (white and green part) + extra for garnish
- prepared jasmine rice or cauliflower rice
- Prepare rice or cauliflower rice and keep warm while you prepare the pork.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce (or coconut aminos), fish sauce, ginger paste, garlic, chili pepper paste, brown sugar (or monkfruit), and lime zest and juice. Mix well and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on high. When hot, add ground pork and season lightly with salt & pepper. Sauté pork until lightly browned and no longer pink, breaking it up with the edge of a spatula as it cooks. Drain off excess fat and return pork to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Stir in coleslaw mix and all wet ingredients to the pork skillet.
Mix all the ingredients together and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, or until sauce reduces and caramelizes. Add the sliced green onion and mix. Remove from heat.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with additional sliced green onion.