Super Bowl Beef Chili!
Are you hosting a crowd for Super Bowl? This people pleasin' low carb beef chili is packed with flavor, and delivers just the right kick to your game day festivities. Serve steaming hot in bowls with a variety of your favorite fixings--shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, sliced green onion--whatever you like--and watch it disappear! It's paleo, keto and family friendly too.
Buy our grass fed & finished Ground Beef by the pound or in Bulk Saver Pack shipped to your door!
- (3) lbs. Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-2 canned Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus (2) Tbl. adobo sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- (1) 28 oz. can crushed organic fire roasted tomatoes
- (1) 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs + juice
- (1) growler-size bottle dark beer of your choice (we like Lagunitas)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 Tbl. cumin
- 2 tsp. sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- optional (depending on how much spice you like): crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper.
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Remove heat and strain cooked beef over a bowl. Discard extra fat.
- Return pot to stove and add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped onion, peppers and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until veggies soften and are just starting to brown. Return cooked beef to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, beer, water and seasonings (*adjust and/or add more seasoning for spicier chili.)
- Bring chili to a low simmer. Cover and cook two hours, stirring occasionally. *Taste after one hour and adjust seasonings.