Spicy Beef Queso Dip
This crowd-pleasing dip is the perfect party appetizer! Loaded with grass fed beef, melty cheese, and spices it packs a satisfying kick that's great paired with tortilla chips. You can purchase our ground beef in 1 pound packs, or save and stock up with our 20 pound box!
- 1 pound Stemple Creek grass fed ground beef
- garlic salt
- 1 Tbl. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder (thickening agent)
- 1 block cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 oz. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- Place ground beef in a large skillet and season with a little garlic salt. Sauté until browned, breaking up meat into crumbles with a wood spoon. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for 3-4 minutes to soften then stir in tomato paste, Chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Gradually whisk in the half & half.
- Whisk in the arrowroot until thoroughly blended, and continue to gently stir as the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer. Lower the temperature to medium-low. Stir in the cream cheese and mustard. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Slowly add the shredded cheese, and whisk until melted. Note: If you prefer a thinner sauce, add more half and half and/or a little water and whisk to desired consistency. Taste and add hot sauce, if desired, for more heat.
- Mix in the cooked ground beef. Pour the queso into a serving bowl and garnish with a generous sprinkle of smoked paprika and chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
COOKING NOTES: *To keep the dip warm, transfer to a slow cooker or fondue pot and serve.