Skirt Steak with Cilantro-Garlic Marinade
Skirt Steak is a quick cooking cut that's melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Marinading this steak prior to grilling will infuse the meat with plenty of flavor while also tenderizing the steak. We recommend searing it on the grill at high heat (400F) for 2-3 minutes per side to a juicy, medium-rare. *This marinaded steak is Whole30, Paleo, and Keto-friendly.
Sliced and layered with grilled onions, avocado, mustard, truffle aioli, and a drizzle of the reserved marinade on a ciabatta roll, this skirt steak makes a next level steak sandwich too!
- 1 1/2 pounds Stemple Creek Ranch Beef Skirt Steak
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, stems removed
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded & diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbl. fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, shallot, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse while slowly adding olive oil until everything is incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade to serve with the steak as sauce.
- Place skirt steak in a large bowl or ziplock bag and pour remaining marinade over the meat, turning to coat all sides.
- Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to 400F. Sear skirt steak quickly (about 2-3 minutes per side) for medium-rare.
- Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional reserved marinade.
COOKING NOTES: Grill over high heat to medium-rare for the most tender texture. Don’t over cook! Rest the steak for 5 minutes before slicing.