Poncia's Perfect Prime Rib of Roast Beef
Roast Prime Rib of Stemple Creek Beef is the perfect main course for a holiday celebration. Our grass fed Prime Rib is tender, flavorful, and has a beautiful marbling of fat that makes for a juicy finished roast.
One of the most common mistakes in preparing this prime cut is overcooking, but if you use Loren's foolproof recipe your roast will come out a perfect medium-rare every time! *You can also prepare our more cost-conscious Top Sirloin or Cross-Rib Roasts in the same way with delicious results.
This recipe is Keto/Paleo/Whole30 compliant.
*Our grass fed & finished Prime Rib is a seasonal item. Please check our web store for availability.
- 2, 3, 4, or 7 Prime Rib Beef Roast
- Take the roast out of the refrigerator and pat dry.
- Liberally apply a salt-based dry rub to the outer surface of the roast. We recommend a blend of salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and lemon zest with any herbs you like. Let the seasoned roast sit at room temperature for four (4) hours prior to cooking.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Put the prime rib on a roasting pan and place on the center rack in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue cooking (allow 10 minutes per pound of meat).
- After the first 30 minutes, check for doneness with an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast. Take the roast out of the oven when the internal temperature has reached 110 degrees F, and cover with a foil tent.
- The roast will continue to cook as it sits on the counter top, and is ready to serve when the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F (perfect medium-rare). This will take an additional 20-30 minutes.
COOKING NOTES: To serve, slice the roast thinly against the grain of the meat and adding a sprinkle of good sea salt. Garnish with horseradish sauce on the side if desired.