Loaded Beef Nachos for Super Bowl
Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend, and in sports bars and living rooms across America football fans will be glued to the TV cheering on their favorite team. If you're planning to feed a group on game day, be sure to whip up a crowd-pleasing plate of these Loaded Beef Nachos starring our grass-fed ground beef. Whether you're hosting friends or going to a party, this hearty classic recipe is sure to score a touchdown at your Super Bowl celebration!
Buy our grass fed & finished Ground Beef by the pound or in Bulk Saver Pack delivered to your door.
*photo by The Pioneer Woman
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 pounds Stemple Creek Ranch Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 can (14-5 Ounce) organic Pinto or Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Organic Tortilla Chips (try a festive mix of blue and yellow corn chips)
- 3 cups Clover Stornetta Organic Grated Three-Cheese Mexican Blend
- 6 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced*
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Diced Finely
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro Leaves, Chopped
- Juice Of 1 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 whole Avocado (pitted And Diced)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add half the chopped onion. Cook onion 3 to 4 minutes until it starts to soften, then add the ground beef. Cook the meat until it's totally browned, and then drain the excess fat from the pan. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the beans and hot water stirring to mix well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer while you prepare the pico de gallo.
- *For a time-saving short cut, use 1 ½ to 2 cups good quality purchased pico de gallo. Be sure to drain it first in a colander to remove excess juice, or the chips will get soggy.
- To make homemade pico de gallo, combine the other half of the diced onion with the tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir together and set aside.
- To build the nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on an oven-friendly platter or plate. Top with a layer of the beef/bean mixture, then sprinkle with 1 ¼ cups of the shredded Mexican-Blend cheese. Add another layer of chips, another layer of the beef/bean mixture, and another 1 ¼ cups of cheese. Top with a final small layer of chips, a small layer of beef and beans, and finish with the last ½ cup of cheese.
- Heat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove and immediately sprinkle with diced avocado and plenty of pico de gallo.
- Finish with optional toppings if desired and serve immediately. Watch it disappear!