30-Minute Meals: Blue Cheese-Basil Mayo Lamb Sliders
These super tasty lamb sliders are summer grilling at its best! Bite sized and juicy, we've crowned them with caramelized onions and a flavorful blue cheese-basil mayonnaise that elevates these burgers to a whole new level. Great for appetizers or as a main course, they are sure to be an instant hit. If you're watching carbs, these sliders are yummy sans bun too!
Purchase our grass fed and finished ground lamb by the pound, or in bulk shipped to your door!
- (2) ounces best quality blue cheese (we recommend Point Reyes Blue)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound ground Stemple Creek lamb
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- (1) large red onion, peeled and cut into (4) thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- slider buns
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to 400F.
- Combine the blue cheese, basil, mayo, and mustard in a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper. Form into (4) patties sized for slider buns.
- Brush the onion slices on both sides with olive oil. Grill the onions turning to caramelize (about 8-9 minutes). Add the burgers to the grill and cook approximately 4-5 minutes (2 minutes per side) for medium rare to medium.
- Lightly toast the slider buns if desired. To assemble, place lamb burger on the bottom, topped with a generous spoonful of blue cheese-basil mayo and grilled onion. Enjoy!