Holiday Side Dishes: Sausage & Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Dressing
We're taking your holiday stuffing up a notch with this savory, Tex-Mex inspired side dish made with a jalapeño-cheddar cornbread base, and our delicious Andouille Sausage! This classic side can be made ahead to save time, and allow the flavors to fully develop before serving. It stays moist and gets an extra boost of nutrition from our Beef Bone Broth.
- 2 cups prepared Jalapeño Cornbread (from a low-sugar mix with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese added to batter).
- 1 cup Stemple Creek Ranch Andouille Sausage, casing removed & crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Stemple Creek Beef Bone Broth + splash of whipping cream
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare Jalapeño Cornbread according to package directions and bake. Set aside to cool.
- Sauté the crumbled Andouille sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned (3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until veggies have browned (5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut cooled cornbread into bite sized squares. Add cornbread to the sausage-veggie mixture, along with cilantro, and Beef Bone Broth mixed with a splash of whipping cream. Mix until blended. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with butter. Add cornbread mixture to the dish.
- Bake on center rack of the oven at 350F until heated through and lightly browned on top (about 20 minutes).
- Serve immediately garnished with more fresh cilantro if desired.
COOKING NOTES: This recipe may be easily doubled to serve a crowd!