Herb Crusted Lamb Kabobs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Stemple Creek Lamb (leg or sirloin), cut into 2" pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, mint, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Mix to combine. Add the lamb chunks and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat (about 450°).
- Thread the marinated chunks of lamb onto skewers. Note: add fresh cut veggies in between the meat if desired; bell pepper and mushrooms are great!
- Grill 8-10 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice. Remove from heat and let the kebabs rest for 5-7 minutes before serving.
COOKING NOTES: Fire up the grill! These tasty lamb kebabs are quick enough for a weeknight supper, and special enough for company.