Best Baked Keto-Friendly Meatballs Three Ways
Everybody loves meatballs! This versatile family dinner staple can be dressed up with different sauces to create meals in minutes. This is one of our favorite make-ahead dishes that helps us get a yummy dinner on the table quickly and easily--especially on hectic weeknights. The secret is batch cooking. Every Sunday we like to make a few easy meals for the week ahead using simple ingredients that everyone in the family will love. These meatballs can be made with any combination of our ground meats. We recommend using half ground beef or lamb, and half ground pork for juicy and tasty results. Double the recipe and freeze half the meatballs for another meal! We've included three different sauce variations below you can use to top the basic meatball recipe for even more inspiration. Better still--these are gluten free and Keto-friendly so everyone can enjoy guilt free!
Start with these classic meatballs (basic recipe below at the bottom). Serve warm with a no sugar tomato/marinara sauce for an Italian-inspired meal. Great with spaghetti, and they make a mean meatball sandwich too! OR ....
Try these meatballs smothered with a rich Swedish-style creamy sauce!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot or 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups Stemple Creek Beef Bone Broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add arrowroot/flour and whisk until butter mixture begins turning brown.
- Slowly stir in bone broth and heavy cream. Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to a simmer and stir gently until sauce starts to thicken. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add meatballs to the skillet and simmer in sauce for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.
Or....try this Asian-inspired no sugar Honey Garlic Sauce and serve the meatballs over a bowl of rice!
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener (or non-Keto brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup Stemple Creek Honey
- 1/2 cup no sugar ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- In a medium pot, mix together monkfruit sweetener, honey, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic.
- Heat on medium to simmer. Simmer about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Put cooked meatballs on top of rice in a bowl and drizzle with sauce.
The Basics: Best Baked Keto-Friendly Meatball Recipe