30-Minute Meals: Grilled Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Quick, easy and delicious this tasty 30-minute supper solution is perfect for busy weeknight family life. Mild poblano peppers are filled with a mixture of skillet sautéed onions, shredded smoked cheddar cheese, and our ground beef, then finished on the grill in minutes. Spice up the stuffing (or not) as you like, and garnish with optional extras like salsa, sour cream, avocado & chopped cilantro. A side salad or Mexican rice is all you need for a complete and nutritious meal.
Order our grass fed ground beef delivered to your door here.
- (4) poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-large onion; chopped
- 1 pound Stemple Creek Ranch grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon organic taco seasoning spice
- 3/4 cup grated smoked cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Other garnishes: prepared salsa, sour cream, avocado/guacamole, chopped cilantro
- Wash the peppers and use a paring knife to cut a hole around the top stem. Remove the top (set aside) and scoop out the seeds/core with a small spoon.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. When hot, add chopped onion. Sauté for 7-10 minutes until lightly brown and starting to caramelize. Add ground beef and break up with a spoon. Add taco seasoning. Continue sautéing until beef is no longer pink (5-7 minutes). Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Use a spoon to stuff each pepper with an alternating mixture of ground beef/onion, and smoked cheddar. When full, replace the top stem on each pepper. Rub exterior of stuffed peppers with additional olive oil.
- Fire up the BBQ to 400-500F. When hot, place stuffed peppers on the grill. Close the lid and sear to blister the skins, turning half way through (about 4 minutes each side).
- Remove from grill and slit open the top of each pepper lengthwise to reveal stuffing. Top with salsa, sour cream, avocado and chopped cilantro as desired!
COOKING NOTES: You can easily scale up this recipe to feed more people!